Wastewater/Sanitary Sewer System Design
GRA has years of experience in the planning, analysis and design of sanitary sewer systems. In this discipline, GRA has done extensive work in the City of Warwick, RI, through the Warwick Sewer Authority (WSA), for which GRA has conducted projects for many years.
GRA's assignments have ranged from the master-planning level of analysis to final design and the preparation of plans, specifications and estimates for bidding. In addition to design services, GRA also provides full-time resident inspection and office support on all of our WSA design projects.
- At the planning level, our efforts have included sewer flow calculations for extensive areas that ultimately encompass many miles of sewer lines with construction value into the many millions of dollars and serving thousands of residences.
- The types of systems designed and implemented include low pressure sewers that service low lying coastal areas, gravity sewers, interceptor mains, force mains and pumping stations.
- All project documents were prepared and designed in accordance with RIDEMís State Revolving Fund (SRF) requirements.
- GRA's services have included developing master plans; preparing comprehensive environmental applications for both RIDEM Freshwater Wetlands and RI Coastal Resources Management Council; preparing construction documents for utility relocations for water, gas, telephone, cable, and storm water drainage; and preparing plans and specifications for traffic control.
- GRA has also conducted the necessary coordination and, through sub-consultant services, the necessary investigations and assessments relative to archaeological resources that may be affected by any given project.
- Assessment of hazardous materials issues and the preparation of project specifications and remediation design are done by GRA staff.